Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
Under Ground Drainage


Under Ground Drainage System work started in Guntur

After a long delay, A project mimicking in everyone’s mouth got a green signal. Everyone by seeing Guntur thinks that when rain falls, it covers the roads blocking everything and no drainage is allowed to free the rain water. But not now, under ground drainage project work will start and sources say that by 2018 , Whole project completes.

Shapooriji Pallonji, Construction head(major) who had taken the contract of temporary secretariat at Velagapudi would be undertaking this contract(work) under the guidance of Public Health Department.

The foundation laid at SVN Colony with Municipal Commissioner S.Naga lakshmi, MLA M. Venugopala Reddy said that Under Ground Drainage lines would run on a massive stretch i.e 1,083km in the city itself and the merged villages covering 1.03 lakh houses.This project will be completed by 2018 and to mention this city would be divided into five zones.

MLA Modugula also appealed to the Commissioner to make sure that all pits dug up to lay UnderDG pipelines were covered within two to three weeks. This project has two main components.

1.Sewage treatment plant

2.Laying of Sewerage

Five Sewage treatment plants each with a capacity of 125 MLD and piplines extending to 1,000 km would be laid. 70% of the project fund would be spent on the plants and the rest 30% would be used for treatment of Sewage water.

Follow us on facebook for more updates happening in Guntur. Thank you

Comment Below



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here