Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter

25 students from social welfare residential school in Nadendla village near Chilakaluripet were fallen ill after consuming food prepared by water nearby well.They were admitted to GGH.The doctors said it was mild food poisoning ad they were suffering from vomitings etc.They were supplied with fluids and glucose.


More than 90 students were staying in the hostel, and while many of them left for their homes after writing Class Tenth examinations, some of them stayed back to continue studies in ZP schools.Meanwhile, water supply to the hostel was affected with power disruption due to repairs at the 132 KV sub-station. The water supply was not restored till Thursday morning and the hostel cooks drew water from a nearby well. Students who consumed food fell ill by evening.Guntur district Collector Kona Sasidhar suspended social welfare hostel warden Venkateswara Naik.

Follow us on facebook for more updates.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here